Easter is coming and every week we have some delicious recipes to help you choose what to eat and the perfect Fatty's drink to pair with it!
This week we have found the perfect vegan friendly recipe for a Pavlova from @deliciousmag (even though it's a dish which is otherwise heavily reliant on eggs!).
Don't forget you can top it in any way you like - we went for blueberries and raspberries! We recommend pairing it with Fatty's Organic Vodka & soda water and using the same topping for your pavlova as a garnish!
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 400g can chickpeas
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 tbs cornflour
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pistachios, to serve
- Coconut flakes, to serve
- Place coconut cream in the fridge and chill overnight. Drain the chickpeas, reserving the canning liquid. Place the chickpeas in an airtight container and refrigerate for another use. Chill the canning liquid for 2 hour or until cold.
- Preheat oven to 150°C and line two baking trays with baking paper. When canning liquid is cold, transfer to a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and whisk for 8 minutes or until mixture turns to soft peaks. Add sugar, 1 tbs at a time, whisking constantly for 15 minutes or until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Whisk in the cornflour. Working with about ¼ cup mixture per meringue, shape 10cm rounds onto the baking trays to make 12 meringues. Place in the oven and immediately reduce oven to 100°C. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until outside of meringue is firm and crisp. Turn off oven and leave meringues to dry out in the oven for 4 hours or overnight
- The next day, place chilled coconut cream in a clean stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whisk to stiff peaks, then turn mixer to low speed and whisk in the maple syrup and vanilla. Spread coconut cream mixture over meringues and scatter with pistachios, coconut flakes and your fave topping!
This egg free Pavlova is from Delicious Magazine: https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/vegan-pavlova/mAux29EW